Storage units are a growing industry. They certainly serve their purpose if you’re going through a relocation, or living somewhere temporarily. However, I’ve come across numerous organizing clients with storage units that have become just another stressor in their lives. They are paying a monthly fee to rent a unit to hold items for them. Most times, they don’t remember what’s inside the storage unit, or have no need or use for the contents. There are exceptions of course, but organizing or emptying your storage unit may be beneficial to you in many ways.
Reasons to Organize (or Empty) Your Storage Unit
1. To save money on the cost of a monthly storage unit rental.
2. To know exactly what you own and where you can find it.
3. To sell items for a profit.
4. To donate old belongings to a charity.
5. To give away items to other family members.
6. To discover items that should really be in your home for use, decor or sentimental reasons.
7. To let go of things from your past that are no longer important to you.
8. To finally get this stressful to-do off your plate.
If sorting, organizing or emptying your storage unit is an overwhelming task for you or your family alone, contact a professional organizer to provide guidance and assistance with this project. If you’re located in the Raleigh, North Carolina area, please contact me for a free phone or video chat to discuss your organizing needs.