Many of my blog posts are about how to get organized in various areas. Today, I’d like to explore WHY to get organized. Let’s talk about your kitchen, one of the most high traffic areas of your home. WHY will an organized kitchen help lower stress and save you time and money?
17 Reasons to Organize Your Kitchen
1. Organizing creates open spaces and improved functionality in all areas of the kitchen.
2. Recipes become easier to access.
3. Ingredients can be found faster in your fridge, pantry or cabinets.
4. Organized countertops create more space for chopping and mixing ingredients.
5. The cooking process moves more smoothly with easy to access pots, pans, cooking utensils and appliances.
6. Meal planning can be streamlined if you can quickly do an inventory of your kitchen before writing a meal plan and going grocery shopping.
7. Dishwashing can be faster with organized cabinets resulting in a better process for unloading the dishwasher.
8. Setting the table can be easier with better organized drawers and cabinets.
9. Packing lunches will be simpler with snacks and other lunch ingredients better organized.
10. You will save time on your morning routine with a coffee station that contains the coffee machine, cups and coffee all in one place.
11. Less stuff means less items to store and maintain.
12. You’ll spend less time searching for items in your kitchen.
13. You will save money by not re-buying items you already own, but cannot find.
14. You’ll reduce cleaning time with organized kitchen cleaning supplies and fewer items on your counters.
15. Mail will become easier to process mail with an organized drop zone.
16. An organized kitchen drop zone also means no more lost keys or wallets.
17. A kitchen charging station can keep your phones, tablets and computers charged and prevent them from getting lost.